Spiced Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Large Pot
- Mugs to serve in
- 6 12-ounce cans evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 12-ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips (recommended: Hershey's or Ghirardelli)
- Cocoa powder (for serving)
- In a large pot over medium heat, whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cover and turn heat to low for 5 minutes.
Great simple drink to “spice” up something traditional.