Brandy Apricot Slice
A small bite-size dessert to help bring in the holiday joy. My recommendation is to use brandy that you would drink yourself. I live by the rule if you wouldn’t drink it, don’t cook with it. It pairs well with some egg nog or a warm holiday spiced drink.
- ½ cup dried apricots (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3.5 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fine granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour sifted
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1.75 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine apricots and brandy and set aside for 15mins to soak.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, and stir in milk, egg, sugar, flour, and baking powder. Mix well. Stir the apricots into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into an 8-inch baking pan lightly greased. Bake at 350˚F for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- Cool in the pan and coat with the icing.
- To make the icing melt together, chocolate and milk blend in powdered sugar and butter. Mix well and garnish with diced apricots.