Beef Tenderloin with garlic and herbs
Great recipe for a dinner with friends or a family get-together. You can also try using a pork tenderloin instead. The minimum safe internal cook temp on pork is 145°F. This recipe is great with roasted vegetables or any side of your choice. I challenge you to get creative and explore the ever-growing spice world. Enjoy this easy-to-make recipe from my home to yours.
- 3 pounds beef tenderloin roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- Tie tenderloin at about 2-inch intervals with kitchen string.
- Mix oil and garlic, and brush over the meat
- Combine the salt, pepper, basil, and rosemary, and sprinkle evenly over the meat.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425°F until meat reaches desired cook. (For medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°F; medium, 140°F; medium-well, 145°F), 40-50 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.